Sunday, July 3, 2016

Writing The Diary of St. Blair



I have been so perplexed about blogging.
Everyone says write what you know and what you are passionate about.
So here it goes...
I just got home from mass and I am so inspired! The readings and homily were spot on what I needed to hear.
This was part of today’s reading.
Luke 10: 17-20
"Lord, even the demons are subject to us because of your name."
Jesus said, "I have observed Satan fall like lightning from the sky.
Behold, I have given you the power to 'tread upon serpents' and scorpions
and upon the full force of the enemy and nothing will harm you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice because the spirits are subject to you,
but rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
I mention this same passage in the first book, St. Blair: Children of the Night.
I listened to everything the priest said. Ideas are flowing and I am thinking, I need to go home and write, NOW!
If anyone in mass noticed, I was nodding in agreement, a lot! I was reacting to my inner writer and the messages the mass conveyed. I felt divinely inspired.
I would love to tell you the ideas that came to mind... but I need to write the book.
Then you’ll see them.
For now, thank you for briefly indulging me. I have work to do.
As Lin-Manuel Miranda said: You have to live with the notion of, If I don’t write this, no one’s going to write it. If I die, this idea dies with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment