Friday, December 31, 2010

Well, I can't set up an e-book. DRAT!

So I got a call from iUniverse.com marketing this week. They never used to call. I have been published since 2001, that's a long time. In the last 12 months I have gotten about 4 calls asking if I want to be on some joint advertising with other authors.

I sell advertising for a living right now, so I listen. I have had about 3 different reps call. The last one had a lot of noise in the background; I guess it was a call center. She was nice and when I said I wanted to set up my novel for the Kindle platform I was transferred. Then I was put on hold and then, I was told that books published prior to 2008 aren't set up for e-pub.

Now my novel is still available as a print on demand, but I didn't argue with her about why it wasn't possible. I have learned that the call centers don't have enough knowledge of the process to educate me.

I will just wait until I finish my current novel and see how I might get both up. I am very pleased to report that I got about 8 pages added this week. I was so in the zone a few nights ago and everything flowed. I do hope this is the beginning of a trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment