Friday, September 13, 2013

I Wanna Be A New Yorker


 I am not a fashionista, but I love the creativity that it takes to design and display garments. I rarely purchase anything remotely expensive, in fact my wedding gown was $69 in a 1982 JC Penney catalogue. But I did make it to Mood when we were in NY this summer. I  picked up some fabrics for a project to be determined.
 I'm a "Project Runway" fan, big time! And I would be happy to sweep the floor during any challenge, just to watch the designers create. Hint, hint Tim and Heidi!
Tom and I honeymooned in NY and naturally, we wanted to return for our milestone 30th anniversary.
Not only did we catch The Divine Miss M in the final weeks of her Sue Mengers one-woman show "I'll Eat You Last," but  we got to see "Motown The Musical," Tom Hanks in his Broadway debut in Nora Ephron's  "Lucky Guy" and Judith Light in "The Assembled Parties."
I also took time to embrace the setting of my soon to be released Young Adult Paranormal, "St. Blair: Children of the Night. " This novel is named for our youngest daughter and it's a story that has been brewing in my mind since 1989 and the story behind the story is for another post.
Anyway I want to be a New Yorker, at least one week a year.
Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment